Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My digital absence...and thoughts on that

Well, I haven't posted in a while. Reason: my laptop LCD screen panel officially "gave up the ghost." Not a pretty picture. I will spare you the gruesome details of its tragic demise, but I will say that it just up and decided to turn off for no reason (after turning a dim reddish color). The Dell technicians said the light bulb burnt out, and that you can't change the lightbulb. A whole new LCD screen panel is needed. Let me just say... it is A LOT OF $$$$$$.

So I have resorted to using the computer labs in my dorm and around campus to check my email, Facebook, and grades (I'm in the midst of finals week as well...what a treat...). Not much else is going on with anything cyberspace related. This is unfortunate, but it has been an interesting experience for me. I found that I did have a little bit of digital withdrawal. People always say "what would it be like if we didn't have computers?" Well let me say, I know how that would feel.

It is quite stunning how much we are "connected" to the internet and digirada on an hourly basis. And I even have access to labs and such where I can at least keep some access to the digirada world going...but I originally felt somewhat lost. I think it will be good for me to 'tough it out' for a few days before I get somewhat of a more stable digital presence again. All the more time for practicing and such! Yay! :D

I will try to post somewhat frequently, but maybe it won't happen....

No comments: