Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Long Time Since...

It has been an incredibly long vacation that I have taken from this blog...

A lot has happened since I last was posting on this page.

I feel a good topic for my first post in a while should give a bit more info about what I'm up to musically these days.

I graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor in Music and was accepted into the Masters of Music program at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

I currently study horn with Pittsburgh Symphony Principal Horn, Bill Caballero.

CMU is a place where I am learning much about music from the immersive nature of the music program at CMU. Studying with Mr. Caballero is also such a tremendous experience.

What I have liked about CMU thus far can be summarized as follows:
1. Studying horn with Bill Caballero
2. Hearing the Pittsburgh Symphony on a regular basis (they are world-class!)
3. The Eurhythmics program at CMU is an outstanding area of study that I have enjoyed being exposed to
4. The Life of Bach class taught by Stephen Schultz -- a 15-week class discussing the entire life of Bach and his extensive repertory of music. What a great composer and what a model musician!

So life is extremely busy, but good...good to be back here!

3 comments:

car hire in ahmedabad said...

Your blog content in very educative, effective and high quality content.

- car rental services | car rental india | car rental in india

Portable Concrete Mixers said...

I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you book-marked to see new things on your site.

- Mechanical Broom | Vacuum dewatering | Portable Concrete Plant

handicrafts in india said...

I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.

- handicraft from india | handicrafts in india | handicraft in india